Douglas S. Ellenoff, a member of Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP since its founding in 1992, is a corporate and securities attorney with a specialty in alternative financings, including, SPACs, M&A, PIPEs, RDs and Crowdfunding. In the last 10 years, he has been involved at various stages in numerous registered public offerings, including more than 100 financings and, hundreds of private placements into public companies. Since 2002, Mr. Ellenoff has been involved with over 250 SPAC IPOs and 60 business combinations.
Wednesday General Session 1/31/2024
Navigating the Microcap Universe
- Defining microcaps: companies with < $300M market capitalization
- Microcaps, small caps and OTC companies represent 43% of public investment opportunities
- Major investment firms typically ignore these opportunities; microcaps prime for retail investors
- Proceeding with caution: potential for great reward often comes with great risk
- Why Fed rate hikes are historically a boon for microcaps