Gene is a regular speaker at Wall Street conferences and is known as an Internet marketing specialist. MediaShares’ methodology helps companies with online fans, customers, and affinity groups raise capital by selling their private and public shares directly to their online communities. Using its system and software in Regulation D and Regulation A+ securities offerings, both the stock issuer and its FINRA broker collect valuable data from their massive online community of shareholders.
For many years Gene directed TV commercials, receiving awards from Clio, The New York Festival, L.A. Art Directors, Worldfest, multiple Telly Awards and The Homburg. He worked personally for seven years with Ely Callaway, Chairman of Callaway Golf, creating over four hundred commercials that introduced and promoted the “Big Bertha” line of golf clubs. During the years that Gene worked with Callaway, their total sales increased from $21 million to $843 million.
Wednesday General Session 1/31/2024
Let the Investor Beware! - Fraud Detection & Red Flags
- Examples of the most common frauds being committed by microcap companies that are only caught after the fact
- Early warning signs of hard-to-identify scams
- Protocols for investors and fund managers to help them hedge if there are suspicions of fraud
- Microcap volatility: discerning when legitimate companies are the victim of outside forces, such as naked shorts
- Perspective: legal preventive measures in the early financing stages and later stages that could reduce fraud