Shawn Severson is President & Co-Founder of Water Tower Research. Prior to co-founding Water Tower Research and previously founding predecessor firm alphaDIRECT Advisors, Shawn spent over 20 years as a senior equity research analyst covering the Technology and ClimateTech sectors, including senior positions at JMP Securities, ThinkEquity, Robert W. Baird (London) and Raymond James, and he started his career as an equity research associate at Kemper Securities.
Shawn was frequently ranked as a top research analyst including one of the Wall Street Journal’s “Best on the Street” stock pickers and a StarMine Analyst Awards Top 3 stock picker. Shawn’s extensive professional experience also includes his former role as Managing Director of the Energy, Environmental and Industrial Technologies Practice at The Blueshirt Group, a leading investor relations and IPO advisory firm. Shawn holds a BA degree in Finance and Economics from Augustana College.
Thursday General Session 2/1/2024
What Microcaps Need to Do to Attract Institutional Investors
- Lessons learned from raising money for microcap portfolio managers
- How to digitally market to draw in investors
- Management quality and track record
- A good website
- Well-articulated business model, with key financial metrics institutional investors focus on
- "Small Cap Giants" and total addressable markets
- Discipline and capital allocation