Neil Levine is a Marcum assurance partner with more than 30 years of public accounting experience. Neil directs audit engagements for small-, mid-sized and large cap companies, including SEC registrants, privately held companies, not-for-profits, nursing homes, and healthcare organizations. He has served both developmental and emerging companies as well as old-line businesses.
Prior to joining Marcum, Neil was co-managing partner of the southern New Jersey offices of Friedman LLP, where he served on the Management Committee and was co-leader of the firm’s SEC practice. Previously, he managed his firm’s Public Companies/SEC Practice, organizing its quality control procedures and ensuring that the firm complied with PCAOB regulations.
Wednesday General Session 1/31/2024
Fund Protocols & Concerns for Adding Microcaps to Portfolio
- Balancing microcap and small-cap stocks to mitigate risk and enhance liquidity
- Trade-off: short-term volatility almost certain, long-term rewards likely
- Doing your own research (because big firms don’t play in the microcap space)
- Working with capital management funds specializing in microcaps
- Asset allocation – what’s the right mix?